Snort mailing list archives

Re: icmp-info.rules

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:21:39 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Petreski, Samuel wrote:

I have installed and configured SNORT, the only main problem that I have
is when I enable the icmp-info.rules rule it picks up also the pings
from my monitoring server. In a way this is great to know that it works,
but also very annoying? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Right.  That's why the icmp-info.rules file is _not_ enabled in the
default distro.

If you want/need it on, then you need to learn how to ignore that traffic
from that host.  It's been covered here more times than I could count.
Please have a look at this email [0] for more info.

That should get you fixed.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams