Snort mailing list archives

RE: WinXP-1.9-MySQL-2 sensors, 1 collector and the 1067 error

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () silicondefense com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:18:10 -0800

Ty,

This is an excerpt out of my documentation. I would give you the link, but our website has been change to a new site
and not all the links and files are accessible right now. This is the meat of what you need. These are only partial
docs and were created based on the initial master sensor being setup using my docs for setting up a master sensor for
windows.

CONFIGURING THE MASTER SENSOR

 Note: These modifications will need to be done on the Master sensor.

 Modifying the MySQL database:

 ● Right click on the MySQL Admin module in the system tray and select 'Show Me'

 ● Select the 'my.ini Setup' tab

 Original: bind-address=127.0.0.1
 Change: (completely remove line)

 ● Click the 'Save Modification' button, click 'Yes', and click 'OK'.

 Creating a remote Slave sensor database user: