Snort mailing list archives

Snort order and stuff?

From: Snow Jacob C KPWA <JacobSC () kpt nuwc navy mil>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 12:57:14 -0800

I am wanting to install snort with snortcenter as a sensor manager and have
my sensors log all my hits to a mySQL database.  What my question is does
the database machine have to be running snort or does it just need to run
snortcenter.  Also what is the right order to install things in create the
database machine then install snort on the sensor machine or install on the
sensor machine and then install snortcenter and mySQL on the database
machine?

Thank you,

Jacob Snow
jacobsc () kpt nuwc navy mil