Snort mailing list archives

RE: Best Enterprise Snort Configuration

From: "McPheeters, Scott" <smcpheeters () fnms-indy com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 11:18:28 -0500

I have 9 sensors running with 1 mysql database (2.5gig quad xeon).  It runs real well unless we have some new traffic
that the rules go nutz over.  IE. a network guy setup a new performance monitor on 4 zones that was causing snmp alerts
like crazy and I had to get my rules updated to pass that traffic instead of alert on it.

Scott