Snort mailing list archives

"snort..conf" when using SnortCenter

From: Eli Stair <eli.stair.lists () tardis ath cx>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 18:41:25 -0500

I've seen this mentioned, but never a fix.  I also don't see any hits for snort..conf
in the archives. (that's snort<dot><dot>conf).

For some reason SC is creating what should be snort.eth0.conf as "snort..conf",
and thus the sensor isn't starting up at all.

Does anyone have a known fix for this?

Thanks,

/eli

--
CAUTION: Repeated use of finger can cause a system to become overloaded, which can cause it to stop responding.
--Infinite wisdom from the font that is ISS 6.2.1