Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problems with Snort and Postgresql

From: Bamm Visscher <bamm () satx rr com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 07:52:52 -0600

Can you validate that the snort DB does exist with the --list option or by issuing a '\l' from a psql prompt?

Bammkkkk

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 07:47:12AM -0200, gbarreiro () equifax com br wrote:

Hi !!!

I am installing Postgre SQL to use with Snort, and there is a problem.

DB Postgresql Configuration:

bahs-sh#: su - postgres  (login with postgre user)

bash-sh#: createuser snort --createdb (creating snort user for db access)

bahs-sh#: exit

bash-sh#: psql template1 -U snort

template1#: createdatabase snort  (creating database for snort)

template1#: \q

Now, I will try to export the script with the next command:

bash-sh#: psql - f create_postgresql snort

When I confirm this command, I receive the answer: DATABASE SNORT DOES NOT
EXIST IN THE SYSTEM CATALOG

How can I resolve this problem ?

Thanks !!!!!!!!

    Guilherme Antonio
         Barreiro

    EQUIFAX DO BRASIL

     +55 11 3016-6196

 gbarreiro () equifax com br

O sigilo desta mensagem é protegido por lei. Se você a recebeu por engano,
queira apagá-la e informar-nos por e-mail endereçado ao remetente.
The confidentiality of this message is protected by law. If you've received
it in error, please delete it and inform us by e-mail addressed to its
sender.