Snort mailing list archives

RE: snort+mysql+acid

From: "Scott, Joshua" <Joshua.Scott () jacobs com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 17:56:47 -0500

I've done something similar using a Perl script.  The script basically looks
for various signatures that I specify and sends an email if there are any
matches.  I've set it to run every 10 minutes so it's not "instant"
notification but it is acceptable for now.

It may be possible to have instant notification by way of database triggers
or a similar function in MySQL.  I'm in no way a database person so I don't
even know if MySQL supports triggers.

I'd also like to hear what other people have done for email alerting with
ACID/SnortCenter.

Joshua Scott
Security Systems Analyst, CISSP