Snort mailing list archives

RE: snort + IPFilter?

From: "Everist, Benjamin S. (NASWI)" <EveristB () naswi navy mil>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 13:10:53 -0800

I found the scans, they are getting logged to /var/log/snort/scan.log, but
not being seen by ACID.

In snort.conf, preprocessor portscan is disabled, and preprocessors
conversation and portscan2 are enabled.  In acid.conf, $portscan_file is
pointed to /var/log/snort/scan.log, which (currently) has its read bit set
for everyone.

I am NMAP connect scanning the machine snort is running on from a separate
machine.  Any idea why ACID isn't displaying info from scan.log?

Thanks,

Benjamin Everist