Snort mailing list archives

RE: [Fwd: RE: Log to remote syslog server and MySql Database]

From: Frank Knobbe <fknobbe () knobbeits com>
Date: 05 Jan 2003 13:16:15 -0600

On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 10:02, L. Christopher Luther wrote:

Since I don't want to disable one of the processors on my WinNT4 box,
I'm kinda "stuck" w/ Snort 1.8.6, at least until WinPCap officially
supports SMP environments.

Christopher,

while I'm not able to help you with SMP issues, the syslog patch is
still valid for 1.8.6. You may have to change the code by hand though.
In snort.c, in function parsecmdline, you'll see a switch() branch for
the command line args. One of the case's (case '-s') handles the syslog
stuff (it is commented in the source). Just change the pv.cmd_override=1
to 0, or remove the line. That's all. Recompile and your good to go.

Regards,
Frank