Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snortd's status is "snort dead but sybsys locked"

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 10:41:05 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, namth wrote:

 When I start snortd in /etc/rc.d/init.d, it's OK but it's status is
"snort dead but subsys locked" and I can't to stop it.
Help me immediatly

You know, it's a bit sad when someone who wants and needs help in a quick
manner doesn't take the time to try to help thierself.

http://www.google.com/search?client=googlet&q=%22snort%20dead%0Abut%20subsys%20locked%22

Your answer is within the first 5 links.

Please read this message [0] (and it's thread) that was posted on 1/11/03.
It gives you some helpful hints on how to get answers from the list.
It's _really_ worth the time to read it.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams

[0]     http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=snort-users&m=104230179003344&w=2