Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort&MySQL

From: "Kenneth G. Arnold" <bkarnold () cbu edu>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 08:39:10 -0600

There should be only four steps to this once MySQL is running.

1. Create the database snort in MySQL with appropriate permissions for users and hosts. 2. Run the script contrib/create_mysql in the snort source code against the database as a user with the correct permissions. 3. Uncomment and supply user, password, database and host for the output database line for mysql in the snort.conf file.
4.   Restart Snort.

Ken