Snort mailing list archives

RE: A Couple of Questions

From: "Morgan R. Elmore" <Morgan () SEEMAC COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 18:20:29 -0500

Lars,

It sounds to me like some bogus sensor information was placed into the db
while your sensor was messed up.  I'm assuming that you are using MySQL?
I'm going off of the top of my head, so these commands might not be entirely
accurate...
Log into MySQL from a command prompt (DOS box):
    mysql -u (username) -p
    type in the password
    connect db (db=database name, should be snort or something like it)
    select * from sensor;    (don't forget the semicolon at the end of the
line)
    you should see 4 separate sensors....
    delete from sensor where sid=(the sid of the bogus sensor)

After that, ACID should only show one sensor.