Snort mailing list archives

Re: Receiving data from sensors to a central database with Mysql

From: "Matt T. Galvin" <mattg () disaster com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:23:42 -0500

logging all the alerts to the cetral DB is possible and rather easy to set up. Just set the output settings for each sensor to mysql and the host for DB server is running on along with the other needed settings. I have done it and it works great.

I do have one question though. What would you use the replication for. I have not done this part and am curious as to it's reason or use.

Thanks,