Snort mailing list archives

RE: 300,000 alerts in Database from spp_asn1

From: "Randy Bey" <Randy.Bey () rivernorthsys com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 14:23:32 -0700

Yes, that doggone asn1 thing bit me too. I stopped it toot sweet as it
was logging dozens every minute from the git go. Needs more work as a
plugin, is my guess.
As far as deleting a zillion records, you need to be a bit more specific
in your sql query. I would use the 'search' link under acid and restrict
your alert time to one day at a time. I hope this would help.

Randy Bey
RiverNorth Systems
7300 W 147th St Suite 300
Apple Valley, MN 55124