Snort mailing list archives

Re: newb question appreciate help - snort.conf is readonly

From: twig les <twigles () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 10:00:23 -0800 (PST)

If you're using vi then I can guess you're on a Unix
variant (prolly should mention your OS next time).
Try changing the permissions (chmod 750 snort.conf).

--- Scott FitzPatrick <subnetmask () msn com> wrote:

<HR>
the vi editor, Kate and Emacs to edit the conf
file.&nbsp; The file is being created as a readonly
where the error might be that it exists in a .swp
file.&nbsp; Why it would be created that way I have no
idea.&nbsp; Did anyone run into this?&nbsp;
for McAfee.com VirusScan Online </html>

=====