Snort mailing list archives

I cannot compile libnet successfully in order to compile snort, please help me

From: Ha Tu <whmi2002 () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 20:18:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,    I compiled the libnet that I got from the http://www.packetfactory.net/libnet , but there are some error
messages. How can I compile the libnet successfully?    I need your help indeed. Please help me. I am working on a Sun
Solaris machine. I give you the error messages when compiling libnet ./configure

beginning autoconfiguration process for libnet-1.1.0...

checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8

checking target system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8

checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8

checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c

checking for mawk... (cached) nawk

checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes

checking for gcc... (cached) gcc

checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) works... yes

checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) is a cross-compiler... no

checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes

checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) none

checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c

checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib

checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) gcc -E

checking for sys/sockio.h... (cached) yes

checking machine endianess... big

checking if unaligned accesses fail... (cached) yes

checking whether gcc needs -traditional... (cached) no

checking for strerror... (cached) yes

checking link-layer packet interface type... found dlpi

-n scanning available packet construction modules:

802.1q 802.2 802.3 arp cdp data dhcp dns ethernet icmp igmp ip ipsec isl ntp ospf rip snmp stp tcp udp vrrp

checking for sys/bufmod.h... (cached) yes

checking for sys/dlpi_ext.h... (cached) no

checking for /dev/dlpi device... no

checking for /dev/dlpi directory... no

checking for socket in -lsocket... (cached) yes

checking for gethostbyname in -lnsl... (cached) yes

creating ./config.status

creating Makefile

creating man/Makefile

creating src/Makefile

creating include/Makefile

creating include/libnet/Makefile

creating sample/Makefile

creating version.h

creating include/libnet.h

creating libnet-config

creating include/config.h

include/config.h is unchanged

Please note this is libnet 1.1.x. Any code written for 1.0.x will NOT work without porting. Read the MIGRATION document
for more info.

make

Making all in include

make all-recursive

Making all in libnet

Making all in src

Making all in man

Making all in sample

gcc -g -O2 -Wall -o arp arp.o ../src/libnet.a -lnsl -lsocket

Undefined first referenced

symbol in file

gethostbyname2 ../src/libnet.a(libnet_resolve.o)

ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to arp

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

*** Error code 1

make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `arp'

Current working directory /export/home/tu/Libnet-latest/sample

*** Error code 1

make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'