Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snortsam

From: Frank Knobbe <fknobbe () knobbeits com>
Date: 25 Oct 2002 11:24:16 -0500

On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 09:22, Slighter, Tim wrote:
Question about the latest Snortsam that is availabe on the snort.org site
as:
<http://www.snort.org/dl/contrib/patches/snortsam/snortsam-plugin.tar.gz>
snortsam-plugin.tar.gz
Does anyone have experience with working with this particular build ?  IIf
so, can someone tell me how they patched this onto an existing snort 1.9.0
build or if a recompile was required ?

Tim,

the patch was build against the tarball source of 1.9. In order to
include the plugin, cane into the snort_1_9/src directory of the Snort
source and run patch < <path-to-patch>. Then recompile Snort.

If you do get any rejects during patch, most of the time they are on teh
Makefiles, which can easily be corrected by hand.

Any known issues or bugs with this
plugin ?  Otherwise, do any of the snortsam builds for OPSEC and snort 1.9.0
beta work with the actual snort 1.9.0 release ?  Any tips, suggestion and
advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

I'm not quite what you mean with 1.9 beta. The Snortsam plugin patches
are build against the current available sources of Snort 1.8 and 1.9.
The Snort 2.0 version is not supported at this time since it is way too
much in flux.

Second email: