Snort mailing list archives

Need help with Scan Socks Proxy Attempts

From: Ed Kasky <ed () esson net>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 10:38:44 -0700

Our little network has all of a sudden been hit with over 5,000 Scan Sock Proxy Attempts to port 1080 in the last 72 hours. More than half of these have come from one source!!

1.  Are these something I need to concern myself with?
2. If they are, is there anything else I can do aside from blocking the ip's using hosts.deny??

Thanks in advance for any advice.....

Ed Kasky
Los Angeles, CA
Mac screen message: "Like, dude, something went wrong."