Snort mailing list archives

RE: Veryifing snort

From: "R" <rr () conformix com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 21:24:06 -0400

There is a test script at http://www.argusnetsec.com/downloads/ that generates alerts. I have checked it only on Linux
and it works fine. Basically this script sends some ping packets that contain signature for a rule which is triggered
to generate alerts. If your alerts are going to database, just ignore the last part of the script output which displays
last lines from /var/log/snort/alerts and look into your database instead.