Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 1.8.7 on winXP laptop

From: Frank Knobbe <fknobbe () knobbeits com>
Date: 02 Oct 2002 13:12:22 -0500

I have seen several Xircom cards that do not work in promiscuous mode.
The solution is simple. Toss the Xircom and get an Intel or 3Com card.

Regards,
Frank

On Wed, 2002-10-02 at 12:28, Sandy Biring wrote:

I would like to use snort/acid in WindowsXP (or 2000) running on a
laptop with a Xircom pcmcia cardbus 10/100 ethernet card. Does anyone
know if this will work? I have installed everything, but running snort
fails. Doing a snort -W shows:

-*> Snort! <*-

Version 1.8-MySQL-WIN32 (Build 105)

By Martin Roesch (roesch () sourcefire com, www.snort.org)

1.7-WIN32 Port By Michael Davis (mike () datanerds net,
www.datanerds.net/~mike)

1.8-WIN32 Port By Chris Reid (chris.reid () codecraftconsultants com)

          (based on code from 1.7 port)

Interface       Device          Description

1