Snort mailing list archives

Snort 1.9.0 taking 100% cpu after a (unknown) while

From: Max Valdez <maxvalde () ce fis unam mx>
Date: 15 Oct 2002 12:26:35 +0000

I sent this yesterday with the wrong from-email address

--- Begin Message --- From: Max Valdez <maxvaldez () yahoo com>
Date: 14 Oct 2002 20:10:32 +0000
Hi Snorters.

I'm as glad as everybody to see SourceFire in such a success, and still
giving their work for the comunity. You're a role model Marty!

Well, given said that, I have a little bit of a problem here, I'm
experiencing a fully responsive snort taking 100% of the cpu, I'm about
to test if the fully responsive part is true the next time i see snort
at 100%.

I dont have any background data to get an idea of why snort is doing
that, but i has happend like 3 times since the new version announcement.

My conf is a snort box with mysql enabled, that box runs snort, and
another one logging to it too.

If I restart snort, it comes to normallity. Any other have saw that
behavoir ?

Thanks for any comment
Max

--- End Message ---