Snort mailing list archives

RE: Changing the filename format for alerts

From: Matt Yackley <Matt.Yackley () perkinswill com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:05:23 -0500

SnortSnarf creates some nice front-end pages to group alerts, gives totals,
etc., and navigate through the different alert types, then once you get down
to the detailed alert page it produces a link to the packet capture file,
i.e. url that points to something like \x.x.x.x\TCP_3936-80.  Since it uses
the ASCII file that snort uses to store the packet capture portion of the
alert, I have to configure Snort to store the file in format that works
under Linux or windows. There was also a little tweaking to the SnortSnarf
perl code to get that to produce relative links instead of hard links.

I'm setting up a test box right now, so I'll be able to try some stuff out.
My buddy just sent back something back so I'll try his changes to the code
and see if it will compile and run....

Matt