Snort mailing list archives

Re: " Problem obtaining SENSOR ID", unable to start snort/access postgres

From: Eli Stair <eli.stair () mchsi com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 14:02:05 -0400

Jed, thanks for your response.

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002 13:53:59 -0400
Jed Pickel <jed () pickel net> wrote:

database: postgresql_error: ERROR:  sensor_sid_seq.nextval: you don't have
+permissions to set sequence sensor_sid_seq

Looks like a permission issue. I'm not sure by memory the right GRANT
syntax for postgresql. Maybe there is some special permission for
sequences. You could for testing at least grant your user "snort" all
permissions on the snortdb tables.

I'd given that a shot, I set ALL perms active for "snort", for all tables
'data' through 'signature_sig_id_seq', has no effect on the result.

As I've got no real database experience, I have effectively exhausted my own
resources on this after googling and checking the archives.

Thanks, if any other ideas come up I'll be happy to try anything.

Cheers,

/eli

Regards,

* Jed