Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort and port lists

From: Martin Roesch <roesch () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 16:09:19 -0400

On Wednesday, October 9, 2002, at 03:07 PM, Sean Wheeler wrote:

Elo folks,

Say does snort 1.9.0 support port lists ?

Nope, that will be implemented when we switch to our new rules parser in the not-too-distant future. :)

I am aware of port ranges and individual ports but I am not sure if a list
of ports is supported.

for exampled I have ssh running on port xx and port xyz

If this is not yet supported, what workarounds are you using ?
I was thinking double the rule ..ouch

Yup, doubling the rule works, shouldn't be that much more strain on the system due to the way the RTNs are processed...

     -Marty

--
Sourcefire: Snort-based Enterprise Intrusion Detection Infrastructure
roesch () sourcefire com - http://www.sourcefire.com