Snort mailing list archives

Re: Flexresp Support and libnet ver 1.1.0

From: Jeff Nathan <jeff () snort org>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 02:05:37 -0700

AS Chris mentioned, the new Libnet API has yet to be really explored.

The new libnet has it's own notion of memory management, and to remain
*fast*, or as fast as possible, snort currently manages the memory needed
to send responses itself (virtually identically to how the old libnet
versions did it behind the scenes).

The NEW libnet, however, uses several bits of memory to construct a single
packet which isn't really viable with the existing flexersp model.

- -Jeff

- --On Wednesday, September 18, 2002 09:54:56 -0800 Jim Cliver