Snort mailing list archives

How to disable a particular interface

From: "Grimes, Roger" <RogerG () GoldKeyresorts com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 17:04:45 -0400

I use Snort 1.8.7 on Windows 98.  Although I use the -i 1 parameter to tell
Snort to only initialize my second nic (the first is the unused PPP adapter
that 98 installs and lists first), Snort seems determined to load both the 0
and the 1 interface.  How do I force Snort to only load the 1 interface?

Roger

*Roger A. Grimes, VP of IT for GK/PHR Holding Company
*Gold Key Resorts and Professional Hospitality Resources
*email:  rogerg () goldkeyresorts com
*ph: 757-491-2101 x403
*fax:757-491-6550
*932 Laskin Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23451
*Author of Malicious Mobile Code:  Virus Protection for Windows by O'Reilly
*http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/malmobcode/