Snort mailing list archives

RE: Acid Issues with snort

From: Roman Danyliw <roman () danyliw com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 13:57:57 -0400 (EDT)

Yes indeed, still having problems with the graphing and the AG stuff and no
solutions or feedback.  As for getting the archive thing to work...I had to
resort to getting the latest PHP (being a while back) the version happens to
be PHP4-200208211200 with Acid 0.9.6b21 and mySQL 3.23.51.

Upgrade to the just released 0.9.6b22 version of ACID.

So, by getting these releases, you will most likely be forced to do what I
did and drop all the exisiting databases and recreate them with the new
builds.

There are upgrade instructions in the Snort Changelog for converting v104+
DB schema into v106.

Lots of work unfortunately.  According to rumors, the schema 106 is
supposed to allow snort to work around the duplicate sid/cid issue when
integrating with ACID...

The change to DB schema v106 should address the duplicate sid/cid issue.

perhaps if this is the case...wonder if the older
versions of ACID might work with new schema ???

ACID v0.9.6b22 works with Snort DB schema v100-106 (i.e., Snort 1.8 and
1.9).

cheers,
Roman