Snort mailing list archives

Re: React & Resp keyword working

From: "Atul Shrivastava" <atulsh () hclinsys com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 15:54:45 +0530

You can install the snort sensor on the internet network viz one in DMZ, one in MZ, one in hrd and many more and make
them centralized. IDS is also used to have an eye on the employees also. SO for me it is necessary to put my IDS on
more than one locations and in the internal network. That's why I am interested in such things.
Also in big organizations, pepole want to have more than one sensors within their office. So for that pls confider my
problem and try to give me some solution.
Further if the keywords "RESP" and "REACT" has been introduced in the snort rule base then they must have some
intersion to introduce. Can you atleast tell me how can we do URL filtering through SNORT using the keyword "REACT"
Thanks in  advance.

Merry Christmas and a fruitful new year .......
Regards and have a nice day,
                           Atul Shrivastava
                           Info Structure Services
                           HCL INFOSYSTEMS LTD.