Snort mailing list archives

Running Snort in Windows XP

From: "George Sakatzoglou" <geosak1 () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 02:49:54 +0000

To whom it may concern,

I installed Snort in my PC which is not connected to any network other than that of the Internet through a dial up connection. In order to start it in sniffer mode I run cmd.exe and then I type snort -v. In order to generate some traffic I type a web address in the explorer like www.snort.org. What I see after that in the cmd window is a list of IP headers ( I assume) but I do not get any page in the Internet Explorer. It is like snort is successfully monitoring the packets but it does not let them get to the Internet explorer so that I can see them. What can I do so that I run SNort in sniffer mode AND I see the content of the pages I enter to?

Yours sincerely,
George Sakatzoglou

MSN 8 limited-time offer: Join now and get 3 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU= http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_newmsn8ishere_3mf