Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort + MySql

From: Incidents <incidents () attbi com>
Date: 27 Dec 2002 11:03:17 -0800

Hey David,

I'm having the same kind of issue with mine. I'm on RH 8.0, but it
should all be the same. I have created the snort database for mysql but
when I attempt to compile snort with mysql support I receive the this
error:

    database: compiled support for ( )
    database: configured to use mysql
    database: 'mysql' support is not compiled into this build of snort

    If this build of snort was obtained as a binary distribution (e.g.,
    rpm,
    or Windows), then check for alternate builds that contains the
    necessary
    'mysql' support.

    If this build of snort was compiled by you, then re-run the
    the ./configure script using the '--with-mysql' switch.
    For non-standard installations of a database, the '--with-mysql=DIR'
    syntax may need to be used to specify the base directory of the DB
    install.

    See the database documentation for cursory details
    (doc/README.database).
    and the URL to the most recent database plugin documentation.
    Fatal Error, Quitting..

Any suggestions...