Snort mailing list archives

Re: Proxy Scanner?

From: John McCain <jmccain () layer3al com>
Date: 20 Dec 2002 09:33:45 -0600

I've seen this quite a bit.  Exactly the same type of scan against
exactly the same target ports.  I believe that the use of port 0 as the
source port is an attempt to evade firewall rules which apply to ports
1-65535.  Are you able/willing to discuss the origin of these scans?  I
would, but I don't remember the exact addresses, and wouldn't want to
implicate the innocent.

I think we should go back through our logs and compare notes, however.