Snort mailing list archives

RE: To TAP or HUB?

From: Shane Hickey <shane () howsyournetwork com>
Date: 19 Dec 2002 13:15:55 -0700

On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 13:03, Eric Joe wrote:
Shane writes----
 Most decent taps will bypass on power failure.  >

If you have a power failure, wont your cable modem be off anyway??? You
can by a lot of cheap hubs for the price of a tap. By golly you could even
buy a UPS with the money save by not buying a tap. Like you said, its for
home use anyway  :)

I hear ya.  I actually have a UPS here, so it sorta makes more sense,
especially if I could have got the taps for $50/each.  My home is also
my office, though, so that also almost convinces me.  I think the best
argument that would be made is, "How much beer can I get with the money
I save by not buying a tap".  I'm convinced ;).

Shane