Snort mailing list archives

RE: Newbie

From: "Don" <Don () WeberOnTheWeb com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 11:38:59 -0800

ok, did you copy the snort.conf to chat.conf, and identify your home_net
variables and all the other variables, it appears the path is correct to the
chat.rules file but is the chat.conf correctly formatted, and did you do a
snort -W to show your available interfaces, i know a couple of my windows
systems try to use the wrong interface to sniff, you should also try to run
snort on each interface that is listed with the snort -W and see if it
actually sees any traffic. once you get it on the right one you'll know it,
you would mod your command line by identifying the interface to use with
the -i1 option, or -i2, try each that is listed.

don