Snort mailing list archives

RE: Problem with Snort 1.9.0 and PostgreSQL

From: "Semerjian, Ohanes" <Semerjian.Ohanes () wcom com au>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 14:15:11 +0800

I don't run postgres but I use Mysql, anyway u have the solution wright in
front of u.

===============
 Some possible causes for this error are:
  * the user does not have proper INSERT or SELECT privileges
  * the sensor table does not exist

the above is part of the error message returned and basically I think u need
to follow them both.

1. U need to create the snort database and import the tables
2. U need to grant the user account in ur case u used an account called "
snort " privileges like INSERT, DELETE, UPDATE etc on the database " in ur
case snort"

try this first and then start the sensor then u'd be fine.

Best Regards

Ohanes Semerjian