Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort 1.9 freebsd port with Spade?

From: "aaron g" <click46 () operamail com>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 06:50:27 +0800

I've installed snort on FreeBSD many a time, but never from ports and never with Spade. Since snort doesnt need any
special dohickeys to compile cleanly on FreeBSD, I choose to simply compile from source. I don't know if that works for
you [some people have this thing with pkg_info], but it makes for situations like these easier. From the looks of it,
I'd say your Spade patching was unsuccesful.

-aarong