Snort mailing list archives

FlexResp

From: Motoki Yokoyama <yokoyama () exa onlab ntt co jp>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 16:28:33 +0900 (JST)

Hi All,

I'm trying "FlexResp" function in snort-1.9.0 on RedHat7.3.
But my snort reply both SYN/ACK and RST/ACK to "TCP connection
scan" and "TCP Half Scan" On the other hand the snort reply
RST/ACK to "FIN scan", "Xmas Scan", and "NULL scan". Doesn't
the snort operate to "TCP connection scan" and "TCP Half Scan"
as same as to "FIN scan", "Xmas Scan", and "NULL scan"?
I expect to reply RST/ACK to all these scan.

Please give me any advice to my problem.

The signature of this test is following:

 alert tcp 10.6.21.10 any -> 10.6.21.1 22
 (msg:"Resp"; resp:rst_snd; sid:1000009;)

where, 10.6.21.10 is a remote host.

Other information of my snort environment is following:
 ・libpcap-0.6.2-2cl.i386.rpm
 ・libpcap-devel-0.6.2-2cl.i386.rpm
 ・libnet-1.0.2a-2.i386.rpm

Thanks