Snort mailing list archives

Re: Rules for version1.8.6

From: Erek Adams <erek () theadamsfamily net>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 07:59:02 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, David Stubblefield wrote:

First off I am a newbie.  I am currently in an environment that is
running Snort 1.8.6.  I have been asked to come up to speed on that
system and then upgrade to the latest version.  So I am working on
installing version 1.8.6 via the Snort Installation Manual - Snort,
MySQL, Red hat 7.3.  I have downloaded and installed snort1.8.6 as well
as MySQL client and dev rpm's.  Now I would like to download the
signatures but all I see is signatures for 1.9.  Is it possible to get
the signatures for 1.8.6 and if so where?  Also I am open to any and all
suggestions regarding getting 1.8.6 up and running and then upgrading to
the latest version.  Anyone's time and consideration regarding this is
greatly appreciated.

1.8.x rules?  No such animal.  The only place you can get those is from
one of the old tarballs.

Don't waste your time with 1.8.x.  Goahead and update to 1.9.0.  There's a
lot of changes from 1.8.x to 1.9.x and no need in having to relearn
something.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams