Snort mailing list archives

Snort stops logging

From: Mike Bradford <netguru () ipudev com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 11:35:35 -0500

I'm having a bit of a problem with Snort 1.9.0 running on FreeBSD 4.5. Snort starts fine and is logging to the default file (/var/log/snort/alert) but after running for a while (5 or 6 hours) it stops logging. Snort is still running & still using CPU (3% or something), it just doesn't write to the alert file anymore. Nothing gets logged to syslog showing an error or anything. Any suggestions? I've seen a couple of other posts similar to this but none really provided any solutions.

  Thanks..
  Mike