Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snortcenter Problem

From: Marcel Hauser <marcel_hauser () gmx ch>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 15:50:07 +0100

Hi

I have a problem when I attempt to add a sensor in Snortcenter. I am using
snortcenter v0.9.6 on Radhat 7.3 and I am using the Steven Scott document.
After I add the sensor and go to view sensors, I have the following error
message:

curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host 'ADMIN'

If I connect to the sensor via https on port 2525, I connect OK. Has anyone
had this problem before, or do they know where I can find a listing of the
various Curl error codes and what they mean?

I'am not sure... but have you tried a fqdn for the hostname ? (or localhost /
the ip address.... and so on).... is "admin" resolveable ?

Marcel