Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort not logging to the database

From: twig les <twigles () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 10:10:43 -0800 (PST)

Since youre on a nix box, try a 'ps aux|grep mysql' to
make sure it's there (or ps -efa on slowaris).  If
it's up try connecting to it manually.  If you can
then check your snort.conf settings.

--- Edu Sananselmo <esananselmo () albasoft com> wrote:
It seems as it snort didn't want to log alerts to
the database (it does log to
/var/snort/alert), and I swear I haven't touched
anything. I also ran snort with
the -T option and everything goes well, but when I
run it in daemon mode,
there's no connection to the database. When I click
on some links on the acid
page, I get messages saying that there's no
connection to the database, so I'm
really lost.
What's wrong?
Thanks in advance.