Snort mailing list archives

Too many questions

From: "Alireza Naderi" <alireza () panaisp net>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 23:17:17 +0330 (IRT)

Hi All

I have too many questions about snort and its configuration
If any one know the answers, kindly explian it or tell me how can
i find the answers (documents and etc)

1.how can i tell to snort that classification the alerts
to for example critical and normal ,...?

2.how can i tell to it that will mailing the critical alerts?

3.what is sensor_name in configuration files and which work
is that doing?

4.what is TAC_Pipe_1 that i read in snort documents (freebsd)
had written that "sensor_name=TAC_Pipe_1"?

5.how can i configure it that will not making alerts if the
192.168.12.3 attempt to snmp and make alerts if that ip attempt
to other types of attack?

6.how can i tell to snort that block the source address of icmp
attack or other kinds of attack?

7.is it possible that it execute a command on the remote machine
for example change the password if detect a specific attack?

8.how can i tell to snort that listen on two nic (eth0, eth1)?

Thanks in advance
Alireza