Snort mailing list archives

Re: Fw: Latest libpcap & tcpdump sources from tcpdump.org contain a trojan

From: Edin Dizdarevic <edin.dizdarevic () interActive-Systems de>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 16:18:42 +0100

->

   >>      * It's important to note that it reuses the same outgoing
   >>        connection for the shell. This gets around firewalls that block
   >>        incoming connections.

Using connection tracking _and_ allowing all outgoing traffic is not a really
good idea, as far as I understand this. However, for personal purposes this may
be the case, corporate firewalls should not allow this. Especially people having
MS workstations should forbid this anyway.

Regards,

Edin_

--
Edin Dizdarevic