Snort mailing list archives

ACID / MySQL Issue

From: "Andy McLaughlin [Akinto]" <akinto () sage com au>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:43:58 +1100

Greetings,
Running RH 7.3 / ACID / MySQL / Snortcenter (as per the enterprise
implementation)

After turning off some of the not so useful rules, i appear to have mucked
up the ACID /MySQL relation in that I have generated "Total Number of
Alerts" of over 34 000 but there is not one alert being displayed (nor is
the Traffic by Profile Graph incrementing) -

I have changed the switch to either and both log / alert in the output
database for the sensor and also tried rebulding the Alert Cache on ACID and
it just comes back with:
Total Events: 34501   Cached Events: 34501

No imporvement when I repair mysql tables either

Any thoughts?