Snort mailing list archives

Snort doesn't log on mysql DB

From: "Andrea Iacopini" <andrea.iacopini () realtech it>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 10:51:29 +0100

Hi guys
my snort box is currently running and actually is not writing to my DB.
The situation would be as follows: I can see from /var/log/messages the
alert produced by snort so I presume that both interface and Snort
daemon is running property.
When I started for the first time the Snort box, 20 days ago, snort
wrote only 2 events on my DB and then stop !
I checked the authentication parameters and they works if I manually
connect, I checked the permissions of the DB and they are right.
Can you suggest me something ?

THX.

A.

Andrea Iacopini - Networking Solutions
andrea.iacopini () realtech it - Mobile + 39 335 123.44.93

REALTECH Italia S.p.A. - Technology drives e-Business
Via Paolo di Dono, 73 - 00142 Roma, Italy
Tel. +39 06 51.95.981, Fax. +39 06 51.96.36.74