Snort mailing list archives

Re: RE: setting up my first snort box

From: Erek Adams <erek () theadamsfamily net>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 08:57:30 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Jim Herbert wrote:

I am in a similar situation (first snort box). I have the FAQ and the Manual
(both from the snort site) but I haven't seen anything along the lines of a
how to.

Errrr....  Guys, did you even have a look at the docs [0] section on the
website?

The sections include: Official Documentation, Setup Guides, IDS Setup
Guides, Deployment Papers, and Generic IDS Papers.

I think you might want to have a look at the one called "Snort
Installation Manual - Snort, MySQL, Redhat 7.3" [1], as it's what you are
looking for.  Yes, it says '7.3' but that shouldn't matter.  From what I
know there's not much (if any) of a difference on the install.

Oh, and one penalty drink [2].  ;-)

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams