Snort mailing list archives

Re: barnyard (Payload)

From: Bamm Visscher <bamm () satx rr com>
Date: 01 Oct 2002 08:53:25 -0500

I use a modified (different DB schema) op_acid_db and it inserts
"payload" data. op_acid_db should also. Check to make sure you are using
the log_unifed output plugin (alert_unified doesn't log packet data).
When you run BY, make sure it is reading the log_unified output (i.e. -f
snort.log). IIRC, BY cannot read log_unified and alert_unified at the
same time. Finally, in your barnyard.conf, make sure you use 'output
log_acid_db' (vice 'output alert_acid_db'.

Bammkkkk