Snort mailing list archives

Output in quite mode

From: "Florian Huber" <florian.huber () mnet-online de>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 14:34:22 +0100

Hallo,
I'm using snort 1.9.0 in daemon mode. So snort is automatically in
quiet mode, too.
But if I start it, there is still an output:
    Initializing Output Plugins!

plugbase.c
538:    void InitOutputPlugins()
539:    {
540:        if(!pv.quiet_flag)
541:        {
542:            LogMessage("Initializing Output Plugins!\n");
543:        }

I have little experience in c, but i think it should NOT be displayed,
because
the quiet_flag SHOULD be actually set :/

This is very annoying, because i always get mail if the cronjob runs..
My cronjob works like this: /etc/init.d/snort stop | /bin/logger

I hope that somebody can help me.

TIA
    Florian Huber