Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort/Mysql/ACID/MS PWS help

From: Erek Adams <erek () theadamsfamily net>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 04:17:35 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 2 Nov 2002, NN C wrote:

I know most people do not like Microsoft and the Windows product line,
however, this is what I have to work with to learn.

[...snip...]

I have ran several tests of snort to get familiar with the snort. After
successfuly installing mysql, I ran snort and get output in the databse.
QUESTION 1: how do you post process this information to read it before
using ACID?

You don't.  Once the info is in the DB, ACID+PHP will generate the querys
for the info you want to see.

I tried several things to get ACID going, but no success there. Is there
any information I skipped in google as to how to run ACID and snort and
mysql using the simple MS personal web server?

If the MS webserver doesn't support PHP, then you won't make ACID work.
It _requires_ PHP to function.

I also downloaded apache for win32, but before I go installing all this
other stuff to play with my snort results, I want to know I did
everything possible with what I already have.

I know that Apache can support PHP, so that's the way that I would go
instead of the MS server.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams