Snort mailing list archives

Fixed:BUG Re: Problem creating last_cid, snort 1.9 PGSQL 7.2, new database, correct perms.

From: Eli Stair <estair () tardis ath cx>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 18:52:54 -0500

Unfortunately my searches in the archives didn't turn anything up on this issue,
but it was obviously known as it was fixed in CVS on 10-12.  Issue is resolved
albeit after a bit of hair-pulling.

Cheers,

/eli

I'm having an issue with getting 1.9 to log to my Postgres 7.2 database. I've
just upgraded, created a new database with the new schema, set the snort user to
the permissions listed at andrew.cmu.edu/~rdanyliw/snort/snortdb/snortdb_install.html

It appears snort cannot set the SID, but I cannot figure out why.  I had this issue
with 1.8.7 initially, and just gave snort "superuser" privs. for the first run,
that settled it.  Now, I have tried that and giving _FULL_ specific privs, to
no avail.  Startup logs follow:

~postgres
Oct 29 10:14:29 tardis postgres[20065]: [1] DEBUG:  connection: host=127.0.0.1 user=snort database=snort
Oct 29 10:14:29 tardis postgres[20065]: [2] ERROR:  ExecAppend: Fail to add null value in not null attribute last_cid
Oct 29 10:14:29 tardis postgres[20065]: [3] DEBUG:  pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection

~snort
Oct 29 10:14:29 tardis snort: database: postgresql_error: ERROR:  ExecAppend: Fail to add null value in not null
attribute last_cid
Oct 29 10:14:29 tardis snort: database: Problem obtaining SENSOR ID (sid) from snort->sensor
Oct 29 10:14:29 tardis snort: FATAL ERROR:   When this plugin starts, a SELECT query is run

--
CAUTION: Repeated use of finger can cause a system to become overloaded, which can cause it to stop responding.
--Infinite wisdom from the font that is ISS 6.2.1