Snort mailing list archives

RE: barnyard, alerts, logs and acid

From: snort-users <snort-users () staff webcentral com au>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 17:12:18 +1000

Andreas,

"insert into sensor values('1','test','doodle doodle
dee','NULL',1,0);"

That did it, thanks!
Small bug in barnyard then, I guess.

I ran into the same thing a little while back.

Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 12:04:42 -0400
From: "Andrew R. Baker" <andrewb () snort org>
Andrew,

I;ve been having a problem getting barnyard to create a sensor in mysql
for the acid plugin.
If you want barnyard to automatically generate an entry in the sensor
table, you need to remove the "sensor_id 1" option from the database
output plugin in barnyard.conf.  I still need to update the
documentation to indicate this.

-A

Regards,

Virgil

--
WebCentral Pty Ltd           Australia's #1 Internet Web Hosting Company
Level 5, 100 Wickham St.           Network Operations - Systems Engineer